Mediterranean Diet Recipe recommended by the Mayo Clinic Staff
• 8 ounces farfalle (bowtie) pasta
• 2 Tbsp. olive oil
• 4 garlic cloves, crushed
• 1/2 can (19 ounces) garbanzos, rinsed and drained
• 1/2 cup unsalted chicken broth
• 1/2 cup golden raisins
ω 4 cups fresh spinach, chopped
• 2 Tbsp. Parmesan cheese
• Cracked black peppercorns, to taste
1. Fill a large pot æ full with water and bring to a boil. Add the pasta and cook 10 to 12 minutes until al dente (tender) or according to the package directions. Drain the pasta thoroughly.
2. In a large skillet, heat the olive oil and garlic over medium heat. Add the garbanzos and chicken broth. Stir until warmed through. Add the raisins and spinach. Heat just until spinach is wilted, about 3 minutes. Don’t overcook.
3. Top each serving with sauce, 1 teaspoon Parmesan cheese and peppercorns to taste. Serve immediately.